The Milan Salone de Mobile starts tomorrow! Inform’s own staff will be sending images directly from the fair for posting on our blog. So stay tuned for some unique and early shots from the fair.
Last years event hosted upwards of 300,ooo visitors, 1300 italian and foreign exhibitors, on more than 140,000 square meters.
Designed by Italian architect Massimiliano Fuksas, the Fiera Milano fair grounds has eight massive halls that can be separated for smaller spaces. The 1300m walk is covered with an undulating glass roof structure that reflects the forms of natural landscapes.
Learn more about the event at their official website www.cosmit.it
A collaboration between two legendary companies and their dedication to the environment, The new NAVY 111 Chair is the latest production by Pennsylvania based Emeco in cooperation with Coca-Cola (yes THE Coca-Cola).
Scheduled to be released during this years Milan Salone de Mobile, the chair consists of approximately 111 post consumer Coca-Cola bottles (hence the name). This makes up about 60% of the chairs volume while the remaining 40% is a secret formula developed by chemical company BASF.
Pre-order your own EMECO NAVY 111 CHAIRS at www.informshop.com*
*(availability and lead times to be determined)
Continue reading “The NAVY 111 Chair by Emeco & Coca-Cola”
Dwell talks with designer Omer Arbel about his current and future works.
Visit Dwell Magazine here for the full article
The architect of our 50 Water St. showroom, visit in store to see more of his designs.
Below one of his latest production works the Bocci 28 Series light.
Shop for Omer’s products online at www.informshop.com
above the STELLAR chandelier by Tokujin Yoshioka for Swarovski Crystal Palace
The Salone de Mobile in Milan will be starting on April 14th. With attendance of over 300,000 last year, it is the biggest furniture design gathering of its kind.
I’ve been keeping my eyes on the net in hopes to see some previews and one week to go lots of media seems to be pouring onto the net. Here are some links to some postings around the net.
Stylepark – browse through their products, many of the latest entries will be released at this years fair
Wallpaper Magazine – take a look at their Salone highlights list for some insights
Here are some that peaked my interest:
Continue reading “Milan – Salone de Mobile 2010 Previews”
This book takes a unique, original and engrossing approach to design. Whether or not we are consciously interested in it, design is omnipresent; it affects and influences us all in every aspect of our lives.
Continue reading “Book: The Genius of Design by Penny Starke”
Wild man, free spirit, just plain crazy, call him what you will, we think he’s genius!
All of his designs are consistent in their eccentricities, you may chuckle when seeing them for the first time but you will always walk away with a little more respect for Mr. Starck. Often copied, never duplicated, Starck pieces speak volumes of the designer’s lust for life and devout passion for aesthetics and function.
Starck was born in Paris on January 18, 1949. He studied at École Nissim de Camondo and opened his first design firm, specializing in inflatable products, in 1968. Starck’s vast repertoire includes commercial and residential interiors, watches, toothbrushes, electronic devices, lighting, and furniture, to name a few.
Here’s is a small selection of what we retail in way of Philippe Starck designs. Click to view our current selection of Starck products on our online showroom, informshop.com.
Continue reading “Designer Focus | Philippe Starck”